Rambler Tail Fins – The first Rambler’s were built in Kanosha, WI from 1902 to 1914. In 1914 the Rambler brand name was replaced with the Jeffery that was built by Thos. B. Jeffery Co. Nash Motors also from Kenosha, WI (1917-1954) built the Nash Rambler from 1950 to 1954. Then Nash’s successor, American Motors Corporation started to produce a car with the Rambler name and it became a marque in its own right for the 1957 model year.
1957 Rambler Tail Fins
This American automobile had small tailfins coming and going. The front fenders looked very much like the rear fender tailfins. This was the first year a Rambler was produced as a separate make and sale skyrocketed.
1958 Rambler Tail Fins
Tall tailfins were the order of the day when the 1958 AMC Rambler was introduced. The Rambler Ambassador effectively replaced the departed Hudson and Nash in AMC’s line up. Rambler Ambassador’s were equipped with a 327 cubic inch V-8.
1959 Rambler Tail Fins
1959 Ramblers were rather classy looking compact economy cars again with tall tailfins. Up front Ambassador’s got a more ornate grille with a large floating horizontal bar. By 1959 at AMC the horsepower race was over and the compact race was on.
1960 Rambler Tail Fins
By 1960 Rambler acquired compact status with uncluttered lines, full width grille and little tailfins. Rambler sales for ’60 was 450,000 units and they ranked third in production the race.
1961 Rambler Tail Fins
Very little restyling occoured in 1961 Rambler model year. Only slight changes in trim and tail light housing. By 1962, Rambler’s tailfins were very small and not very noticeable.
1962 Rambler Tail Fins